- The project doesn't have a name yet, but it is set for mid-season 2016.
- Producer Greg Berlanti describes the new series as
[like] an old Western; we have a lot of lone gunmen and sheriffs in town, and this one is very much an ode to things like ‘The Magnificent Seven’ or those great heist pics like ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ where you get all of those colors at the same time, and a true ensemble, and that was the fun of it.... [sic] And then you want that Rat Pack-y kind of vibe of all this crew hanging out, as disparate and as different as they are.”
- Many fan favorite heroes and villains from the Arrow/Flash universe are already set to star including: Arrow’s , as Ray Palmer/the Atom; Caity Lotz, who portrayed the (seemingly dead) Sara Lance/Black Canary; The Flash’s Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein/one half of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond, the other half of Firestorm played by Robbie Amell, has not announced as part of the lineup yet), as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, and
- Yesterday, they added Hawkgirl to the cast, to be played by Ciara Renee.
In the new series, Kendra Saunders is a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.
- They have added a time-jumping character, The Traveler (AKA Rip Hunter) to the cast to be played by my favorite companion, Arthur Darvill (AKA Rory from Doctor Who)
Rip Hunter, is described as a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit...
- There is still one major lead character yet to be cast - Male? Female? Good? Bad? - I guess we'll see. Either way, the DC TV universe seems to be stepping up its game and I , for one, am more excited about this universe expansion than the movie one...