Maybe you are a first time cosplayer or you overshot your costuming abilities. Either way, you now only have a week to get something together and you already chewed all your fingernails down. Connnnnn!
Never fear, the dollar store is here! You can find all sorts of cheap and last minute costuming options at your local Dollar Tree. Seriously.
- Bold makeup colors, hair accessories, and even false eyelashes are easily accessible for less than a latte. Dollar eye-wear!
- Ever wonder where all those cool weapons come from? They're kids toys that have been painted. Spray paint and super glue can make anything look like it's out of a movie. Nobody walks around with a 30lb Excalibur----it's painted plastic and foam.
- I repeat: You can paint or glue anything. This Harley hammer cost $3 and these steampunk brooches are plastic animals.
- There are table runners that can become bustles or capes with a set of well placed safety pins.
- Your Dalek accessories are kitchen supplies! Get creative.
- Need wrist cuffs or spats? Buy some $1 socks and use a good pair of scissors. Heck, you can buy the scissors there too!
- Halloween supplies are already out on the shelves. Zombie arms, spiders, face paint-----whatever you need for a last minute costume